Saturday, October 30, 2010

Saturday...

Here it is Saturday afternoon. What have I done this morning? Has it been a successful, fruitful morning. I think so. It doesn't feel like it though. I haven't cleaned the bathroom, dusted, vacuumed, or even finished a load of laundry ( but I have started the same load now for the 3rd time, because I keep forgetting about it and it is STILL smelling moldy.)
So what have I done????
Well, I took my 5 year old for a much needed date time with Mommy. I talked on the phone with my dad. I talked to by dear friend who is too sick to talk all that often. And I phoned my brother who just had a new baby.
I took care of the relationships in my life. During the week my attention is on my children almost every minute of the day. Yet these other relationships are important to me too.
So, even though I haven't pumped myself with caffeine and run around making my house look like a museum, I have had a productive morning. I have tended to the things that matter most. I have tended my relationships.
Now I need to tend to the most important relationship of all. I need to go take some time with the Lord. While my sweet ones are napping and resting I will turn my gaze to the One I love the most. Then my productive morning will be complete. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment