Monday, October 11, 2010

Well, here I am. A first time blogger. A friend of mine keeps mentioning that I should try this blog thing to record our homeschool experiences. So, here I am.
I am a mom of 4 beautiful children. My oldest, Lucy is 7, John Patrick is 5. Jimmy is 3. And Mary Margaret is 10 months!
I LOVE homeschooling my children!! I am so grateful to have the opportunity to be home with these little ones. I enjoy being with them and getting to know them. (most of the time...)
Another reason I love homeschooling is because I get to learn all the things that I should have learned growing up. You will have to be patient with my writing/grammar/spelling skills... I am only at a 2nd grade level!
How would I describe my homeschool philosphy? I guess eclectic is what I am. I am very drawn to Charlotte Mason. I really enjoy Carole Joy Seid. And I am reading Dr. Raymond and Dorothy Moore books right now too. My philosophy is evolving. I pray that the Holy Spirit will guide me to be the kind of homeschooler that He wants me to be.

1 comment:

  1. My dearest sister,
    THANK YOU for including me into your wonderful site of your journey with the Lord's call in your life as wife and mother, and your daily journey of BEING with your children. It is such an encouragement and inspiration. I am so very very proud of you and so excited for your whole family!
    You are simply brilliant--the game that you made up for Christopher Columbus astounds me. You could go into business with ideas like these! You have such fantastic gifts and talents. It reminds me of the lingerie you whipped up with a pair of scissors and lavender construction paper in 45 seconds for Lisa Anderson's bridal shower--your design should go the seamstresses! :)
    I am blessed to be your sister and grateful to have you and Tiff on this journey together (and I'm the spoiled one who gets to glean all of your wisdom and experience as I just start out here!).
    Much, much love,
    Heidi :)

    ReplyDelete